Electronics Fundamentals Course
Utilise your Skills Development Levies (SDL) budget to upskill your technical workers with workplace-relevant skills, on-site and in your own time. EWSETA accredited classes will give your workers a basic but thorough understanding of Electricity & Electronics.
Contact us for more information.
Why Seebox training?
- Workers gain technical skills that directly benefit the company
- On-site and Self-paced Learning
- Workers earn EWSETA-accredited Unit Standards
- Claim back Skills Development Levies
- Only pay for training hours, no other costs
Who can benefit
The Seebox course is for any company employing workers in a technical field, who will benefit from at least a basic understanding of the abstract principles of electricity in their day-to-day work. Factory and mining workers, technicians and salespersons are examples of people who will benefit from the Seebox Electricity Fundamentals course.
About the Educational Content
- Seebox won many international and local awards for its unique patented ability to teach Electronic Engineering.
- The concepts are explained in simple visual videos drawing on real-world examples, followed by questions and consolidated with practical experiments. This ensures true understanding and the ability to apply knowledge in practice.
- The learning material is self-paced, guiding the workers through the course, each at their own pace.
- The curriculum is CAPS aligned. The complete course is up to N3 level. The Electricity & Electronics Fundamentals course takes about 3 months with 1 hour of training per week, and the worker earns EWSETA Accredited Unit Standards.
How the Classes work
- We place one or more leased Seebox at your premises for your workers to train on.
- All it requires is 1 hour per week for each worker training.
- Workers work at their own pace, gaining technical skills that will benefit them and the company.
- The content is packed with practical experiments where they have to apply the principles of electricity learned.
- The company gets monthly Progress Reports for each worker.
- The Fundamentals of Electricity and Electronics course should take about 3 months of weekly sessions to complete.
- Don’t want to manage the classes yourself? One of our training service providers can come to your workplace with the Seeboxes and provide longer dedicated once-off training sessions with your workers.
Benefits for the Company
- No investment required for any equipment, personnel or content.
- Training is on-site, and only takes 1 hour of the worker’s time per week, fit into their work schedule.
- Practical hands-on and self-paced learning.
- Companies get a tax break on SDL spent.
- Workers get credits for the relevant EWSETA Unit Standards.
- With the individual progress tracking and reporting the employer can identify workers with untapped potential.
- After 3 months of weekly training sessions, the end result is a more skilled, knowledgeable worker.
- Or why not sponsor promising young people to do the course at your premises, using your CSI budget? That way you can earn BBBEE points while also identifying promising potential future employees.
Skills Development Levy Claimback
If your company payroll is more than R500,000 per year, you are paying 1% of your payroll towards SDL.
You can claim back 20% of this spent on Accredited workplace skills development.
Seebox is EWSETA accredited, Skills Provider ID KXMENER170519101.
How to claim back SDLs
Register with your particular Sector Education & Training Authority (SETA).
Decide what training would strategically benefit your organisation and your employees best.
Put together a training plan for the year.
Compile and submit a Workplace Skills Plan to your SETA.
Thereafter each year you will submit a Workplace Skills Plan and an Annual Training Report.
It is possible to get additional grants – have a look at your SETA’s website.