Electronics Engineering Classes for High School Learners
We offer weekly hour-long self-paced electronics classes to learners working through our gamified Seebox educational content, learning the Fundamentals of Electronics & Electricity with videos, questions and experiments.
Contact us for more information.
Seebox Educational Content
The Seebox’s electronics classes were created for high school learners, people working in a technical environment and anyone interested to learn more about electricity and electronics, using a practical hands-on approach.
For the high school learner, Seebox offers the CAPS curriculum for the technical subjects of Electronics Technology, Digital Technology and Electrical Technology. The end goal is for such a learner to be able to write the national exam for the relevant subject at the end of Grade 12, should they wish.
Most importantly, anyone using Seebox will develop an in-depth understanding of the principles of Electrical- and Electronic Engineering, as well as a practical problem-solving mindset, which will benefit them in any future career.
Why Seebox Classes for the Learner?
Give your child the advantage and prepare them better for the technological future they will have to face. Many traditional careers are predicted to be replaced by technology in the next 20 years. Although Electrical and Electronic Engineering are some of the most in-demand careers in South Africa, less than 4% of schools in South Africa offer these subjects. The drop-out rate for engineering studies at University is a shocking 86%!
We offer 1-hour weekly electronics classes at our premises in Pretoria. The self-paced and gamified sessions are aimed at children from age 13 (though we have had some 11-year olds loving the Seebox).
Seebox is for the inquisitive learner with an interest in engineering and electronics and will prepare them for success in their engineering studies.
What Parents and Experts say about the Seebox Classes
- Educators’ Review of the Seebox
- “Our son is currently 13 and really likes the informal manner in which he can learn very interesting facts through Seebox. He enjoys that the learning process is self-paced and his favourite part is to do the practical experiments. From the parent’s perspective, the learning material is systematic & structured and uses visualization to explain the concepts effectively. The practical application built into the programme helps to ensure that the concepts are understood.” – Emetia, Parent
- “Seebox makes sure the learner understands the concepts of electronics, it is not just parrot-style learning.” – Rassie van der Merwe, Retired engineer and electronics teacher.
- “Our son has insisted for many years that he wants to be an aircraft engineer. And we found that Seebox is the perfect way to introduce him to the electronics world. He thoroughly enjoys the sessions that he attends and can’t wait to go each week. The facilitators are great and encourage him to solve problems on his own, but are there to assist whenever needed. The Seebox experience has been fantastic so far and we would highly recommend kids with an interest in electronics and engineering to participate.” – Anne, Parent
- “I have seen this apparatus in use and the excitement that it brought to my Grade 7 learners. We are dealing with a technologically savvy generation, who are eager to learn from and engage with game-based technology.” – Don Angus, Science Teacher
Skills Development Classes for Companies